Who we are
As the world's first company powering time, Clockwise creates, detects, protects and negotiates Focus Time to help individuals and teams anywhere in the world be more productive at work. Clockwise is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus.
Having a deep understanding of how people spend their time is the core of the Clockwise services. We’re looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing engineering team and focus on making Clockwise more intelligent, intuitive, and delightful.
We value engineers who build for the end user, find fun in difficult problems, sweat the details, and love pushing code. We're a humble, fast-moving, and fun team building a consumer-centric culture with empathy, authenticity, focus, drive, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
Clockwise is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We're proud to have the backing of Accel and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
What you'll do
- Dive head-first into the problem of how intelligent systems can put time back in people’s day
- Build and maintain scalable systems and pipelines for creating intelligent systems
- Identify, prepare, and clean, and evaluate potential data sources and features
- Prototype models for new product capabilities and provide guidance to the broader team on our feature roadmap.
- Develop models used to understand user behavior and to predict how to optimize time
- Deploy, evaluate, monitor, and continuously improve models serving user-facing products in production
- Identify, investigate, and solve complex problems across systems, tools and environments
- Contribute to high level strategic decisions
- Expert knowledge in machine learning fundamentals
- Expert knowledge of using Tensorflow in production systems (or other ML frameworks)
- Strong foundation in statistics with an ability to separate out signal from noise
- Stubbornly curious about deep, technical problems with unknown solutions
- Strives to find the simplest and most explainable solution that gets the job done
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to architect thoughtfully engineered systems
- Strong technical aptitude and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, drive to help customers, and the ability to dive deep and learn a new product.
- Experience and desire to work cross-functionally. Team and goal-oriented. High output; low ego.
- Passionate about productivity tools and workflows
Python, Tensorflow, Java, AWS, Kubenetes, Postgres, and more
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.