Clockwise & COVID-19
Clockwise is actively hiring for this position and will review your application.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic as the health, safety, and comfort of our community, employees, and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your understanding as we’ve modified our hiring processes during this situation.
Parts of this job description are specific to Clockwise during the CA state & local COVID-19 response.
Who we are
Clockwise is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus. As the world's first company powering time, Clockwise creates, detects, protects and negotiates Focus Time to help individuals and teams anywhere in the world be more productive at work.
Having a deep understanding of how people spend their time is the core of the Clockwise services. We’re looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing engineering team and focus on making Clockwise more intelligent, intuitive, and delightful.
We value engineers who build for the end user, find fun in difficult problems, sweat the details, and love pushing code. We're a humble, fast-moving, and fun team building a consumer-centric culture with empathy, authenticity, focus, drive, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
Clockwise is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We're proud to have the backing of Accel and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
What you'll do
- Dive head-first into the problem of how intelligent systems can put time back in people’s day
- Build and maintain scalable systems and pipelines for creating intelligent systems
- Identify, prepare, and clean, and evaluate potential data sources and features
- Prototype models for new product capabilities and provide guidance to the broader team on our feature roadmap.
- Develop models used to understand user behavior and to predict how to optimize time
- Deploy, evaluate, monitor, and continuously improve models serving user-facing products in production
- Identify, investigate, and solve complex problems across systems, tools and environments
- Contribute to high level strategic decisions
- Expert knowledge in machine learning fundamentals
- Expert knowledge of using Tensorflow in production systems (or other ML frameworks)
- Strong foundation in statistics with an ability to separate out signal from noise
- Stubbornly curious about deep, technical problems with unknown solutions
- Strives to find the simplest and most explainable solution that gets the job done
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to architect thoughtfully engineered systems
- Strong technical aptitude and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, drive to help customers, and the ability to dive deep and learn a new product.
- Experience and desire to work cross-functionally. Team and goal-oriented. High output; low ego.
- Passionate about productivity tools and workflows
Python, Tensorflow, Java, AWS, Kubenetes, Postgres, and more
Clockwise is currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
Clockwise is accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
The Clockwise HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter & wellness stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
In the Press
Clockwise helps teams organize (meetings) in a “batched” fashion, so that they occur back to back, preserving as much uninterrupted time as possible on each employee’s individual calendar.
The New Yorker - Cal Newport, “Can Remote Work Be Fixed?”
(T)ry Clockwise, a Google Calendar extension that optimizes your calendar to help you find uninterrupted, focused work time—not meeting time.
The Wall Street Journal - Joanna Stern, “Living the Coronavirus Work-From-Home Life? Here Are All the Tech Tips You Need”
Forbes - H.V. MacArthur, “Effective Time Management While Working Remotely During The COVID-19 Pandemic”
TechCrunch - Lucas Matney - “Accel & Greylock-backed Clockwise launches an AI assistant for Google Calendar”
Product Hunt, Product of the Year 2019 runner-up
Ryan Hoover - “Announcing the 2019 Golden Kitty Award Winners”
What drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at email@example.com.