Clockwise is currently working & interviewing candidates remotely. We are actively hiring for this position and will review your application.
Who we are
Clockwise is an intelligent calendar assistant that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We use an agentive technology approach to AI to understand your work / life commitments and automatically organize your calendar to help you focus on your priorities. Clockwise creates uninterrupted blocks of time within the boundaries of your work week to get core work done by actively managing complex intra & inter-team scheduling, double bookings, meeting room management, and so much more. Calendars are broken and aren't helping people do their best work. At Clockwise, we make your calendar work for you.
We're proud to have the backing of premier investors such as Accel and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Dropbox, Palantir, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
Clockwise is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Growth & Monetization team.
As one of our first Data hires, you’ll have a unique opportunity to lay the foundation for the function at Clockwise and to deliver significant business impact.
In this role, you will lead all things data for a product team, working with PMs, Engineering, and Designers to drive product improvements for our customers. You’ll also get to work with our Data Scientist and Data Engineer.
What you’ll do
- As a foundational Data hire, you will live deeply within product metrics (e.g., definition and forecasting)
- You will think about how to drive product activation, engagement, and retention - and how our customers behave - to create hypotheses and and design/interpret experiments
- You’ll use statistics and visualizations to both uncover insights and tell compelling stories to executives and peers
- You’ll educate partners on statistical concepts and treat them as customers to Data
- You’ll think about when to go for one-off analysis vs investing in repeatable processes
- You’ll work on defining requirements for data automation
- You’ll collaborate with other analysts, engineers, and scientists to help us build a data-informed business
- You have 2+ years of experience at a high-growth company supporting product, engineering, growth, or marketing teams as a dedicated analyst
- Preferably, you understand B2B SaaS and/or have prior, fast-growing start-up experience
- You are excited to think about how our quantitative data can help us better understand people. When you find something interesting in customer behavior, you don’t stop at a dashboard; you are excited to work with a User Researcher to learn about how to connect the quantitative with qualitative to get a better understanding
- You’re not afraid of ownership and are willing to drive analyses and projects in the face of ambiguity
- You are good at explaining the methods behind your analyses and validating your results. Once you have data to support your ideas, you're willing to advocate for and move your recommendations forward. You care about clear definitions of key terms
- It’s an advantage if you have or can demonstrate a statistics background but not a dealbreaker if you do not. You’ll be thinking about correlations, classifications, regressions, and validity testing
- You’re able to quickly ramp up on the intersection of Data and Engineering like GitHub, Postgres, Snowflake, Airflow, and DBT
- You have experience thinking about data pipelines even if you are not building them.
- You’re able to consider underlying technical considerations that would e.g., affect query speed and insight quality
- You’re incredibly comfortable in SQL and scripting in a notebook environment (Python + Pandas experience is a plus)
- You have some background in A/B testing and statistical underpinnings of experimentation
- Previous usage of data visualization tools (e.g., Chartio, Superset, Looker, Amplitude) is a plus
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
We provide an option for a cover letter but we expect 99% of applicants will not need one. We respect your time and there is no need to convey “why you are interested”. We leave the option to allow folks with non-traditional backgrounds to have a path through a resume screen.
Clockwise is currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
Clockwise is accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
The Clockwise HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness stipend
- Virtual happy hours & events
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
In the Press
What drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.