Microsoft Outlook Calendar is a popular email and scheduling tool that allows users to connect and organize their lives with an email inbox and calendar.
How to sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on the web
It can be helpful to know how to sync an Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar, especially if you’re looking to connect several personal, work, and other shared calendars seamlessly. Juggling tasks, appointments, events, and commitments can be confusing when you can’t view all of your calendars in one place. Fortunately, it’s easy to sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar in just a few steps. Here’s how:
1. Navigate to your Outlook calendar on the web and click the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select “Shared calendars.” Under “Publish a calendar,” select the calendar name you want to share from the dropdown.
Note: If you only have one calendar, you won’t need to change anything here.
3. Select the permissions you want to give and press “Publish.”
If you’re connecting your calendars, you probably want to choose the “Can view all details” option to access all details quickly. Otherwise, you can select “Can view when I’m busy” or “Can view titles and locations.”
4. Outlook generates two links: HTML and ICS. Copy the ICS link.
Image source: Paperbell
5. Navigate to Google Calendar on the web.
6. Click the “+” next to “Other calendars” and select “From URL.”
7. Paste the link and click the “Add calendar” button.
You’re all set! It might take some time before your Outlook events appear on your Google Calendar. And it’s essential to note that even though these steps allow you to sync your calendars, the connection isn’t always immediate. It could take a while before an Outlook Calendar invitation appears in your Google Calendar view. Keep this in mind when leveraging this sync.
How to sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone
Technically, there are two ways you can sync your Outlook Calendar to your iPhone (or other iOS device). First, you can download the Microsoft Outlook app on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. But that doesn’t necessarily let you view your Outlook Calendar with your other calendars.
As a second option, you can sync your Outlook Calendar through your iPhone settings to view your Microsoft Outlook entries in Apple’s Calendar app. Follow these steps:
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and navigate to “Calendar.”
2. Select “Accounts” and then “Add account.”
3. Click the Outlook.com logo and sign into your Microsoft Outlook account.
4. Toggle the option next to “Calendars” on. The switch should be green.
How to sync Outlook Calendar with Android
Like iPhone, you can sync your Outlook Calendar with Android in a few easy steps. First, it’s critical to point out that many Android devices come with a Google Calendar app as the default calendar. Some sources suggest that the default Google Calendar apps on Android don’t support Outlook integration, so instead, you can try the following:
1. Download the Microsoft Outlook app in the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Image source: Microsoft Outlook on Google Play
2. Sign into your Outlook account and add your Google account.
3. Navigate to the “Calendar” tab. In the list, check your Outlook and Google calendars.
You should be able to see events from your Outlook calendar and your Android calendar.
Image source: Android Police
How to sync Outlook Calendar with Microsoft Teams
If you use Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Outlook and are having trouble staying on top of upcoming meetings, events, and deadlines, you might need to sync your Teams calendar with Outlook to streamline your planning. It’s easy to sync your Teams calendar with Outlook in just a few clicks. Follow these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the “Calendar” tab.
2. Click the “Add Calendar” button and select “From Internet.”
3. Paste your Teams calendar link and click “OK” to save the sync.
According to this blog, there are some key considerations to remember when connecting Outlook and Teams. First, the sync only works for Windows and not Mac. Additionally, the sync is a one-way sync, meaning events created in Outlook will not be synced to Teams, but events created in Teams will be synced to Outlook.
How to sync Outlook Calendar with Microsoft 365
Many businesses and enterprises use Microsoft 365—a suite containing well-loved Microsoft products like Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, PowerPoint, and more. So, what happens if you use Microsoft 365 at work and have a personal Microsoft Outlook calendar you want to connect to?
Good news! You can connect one Outlook or Google account to your Microsoft 365 work account. That way, you can view and manage your personal calendar from your work account. Follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Outlook on the web and sign into your work account.
2. Go to “Calendar” and select “Add calendar.” Select “Add personal calendars” and sign in to your personal account with your credentials.
3. Once the connection is complete, you should be able to see your personal calendar events. You’ll also see this calendar in the navigation pane.
Image source: Microsoft
A few highlights about this connection:
- When you connect your personal Outlook Calendar, you will only have access to the calendar, not to your personal email inbox
- You will only be able to see this connection when using Outlook on the web
- When others view your availability, your personal calendar events will be included (unless you turn this setting off; it is turned on by default)
- Personal events only show as Tentative, Busy, or Away
Elevate your Outlook calendar management with Clockwise
Speaking of Microsoft 365, you can elevate your calendar management skills with Clockwise for Microsoft 365 users. Clockwise is an AI-enabled scheduling and calendar automation tool that helps users protect their time while making team scheduling hassle-free. It can help you find the best time to meet with your teammates, create blocks of Focus Time, reschedule meeting conflicts automatically, and save time for your preferences and routines through Flexible Holds.