Who we are
At Clockwise we're giving people back control of their most important resource: time. Clockwise is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus.
Clockwise is looking to hire our first data scientist to join our engineering team. We are looking for data scientists with particular strength in engineering skills to provide a strong data foundation to build upon for reporting, analysis, and modeling. We're a humble, fast-moving, and fun team building a consumer-centric culture with empathy, authenticity, focus, drive, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
Clockwise is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We're proud to have the backing of Accel and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
What you'll do
- Architect data models, design logging, and define metrics to obtain a comprehensive understanding of how customers are spending their time.
- Interface cross-functionally to drive product changes and metrics that enable us to understand how and why customers are using Clockwise. Redefine metrics and improve pipelines using this new data.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design to develop new in-product analytics and dashboard features
- Commit and push code every day
- Directly influence our feature roadmap
- Passion for high data quality and scaling data science work
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expert in at least one programming language for data analysis
- Strong foundation in statistics with an ability to separate out signal from noise to accurately guide business decisions
- Experience in schema design and data modeling
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Detail oriented
- Passionate about productivity tools and workflows
Python, SQL (Postgres), Tensorflow, AWS, Kubernetes, Java
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.