Clockwise & COVID-19
Clockwise is actively hiring for this position and will review your application.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic as the health, safety, and comfort of our community, employees, and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your understanding as we’ve modified our hiring processes during this situation.
Parts of this job description are specific to Clockwise during the CA state & local COVID-19 response.
Who we are
Clockwise is an intelligent calendar assistant that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We use an agentive technology approach to AI to understand your work / life commitments and automatically organize your calendar to help you focus on your priorities. Clockwise creates uninterrupted blocks of time within the boundaries of your work week to get core work done by actively managing complex intra & inter-team scheduling, double bookings, meeting room management, and so much more. Calendars are broken and aren't helping people do their best work. At Clockwise, we make your calendar work for you.
Our first Product Manager will help define and prioritize what Clockwise will build next. We have a large set of product opportunities along with strong user growth and are looking for a unique candidate capable of delivering on this potential.
We're proud to have the backing of premier investors such as Accel and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Dropbox, Palantir, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
What you'll do
- As the first product manager at Clockwise, you will set the standard for this role at Clockwise and guide future hires on best practices
- Work with the founders and leadership team to determine product strategy
- Bring requirements and detail to the product roadmap and refine the product direction of Clockwise
- Research competitive and adjacent product offerings to recognize unique and creative ways that Clockwise can execute on jobs to be done by our users
- Augment our multi-faceted user research efforts by speaking with Clockwise users to gain qualitative insights and further our focus on user empathy
- Partner with a high functioning engineering, design, data & go-to-market team from Google, Dropbox, Salesforce, Twitter, Asana, Palantir to deliver the beautiful product experiences knowledge workers want and organizations need
- You have a strong record as a product manager and have experience defining new products and handling ambiguity
- You are able to bring detail and clarity to the requirements of new Clockwise opportunities
- You’re able to engage on technical system constraints and balance what we are capable of doing with our desire to build a simple user experience
- You excel at building relationships and fostering rapport with every colleague at Clockwise
- You geek out on productivity tools and software that is redefining the future of work and want to help the world make time for what matters
Clockwise is currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
Clockwise is accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
The Clockwise HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter & wellness stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
In the Press
Clockwise helps teams organize (meetings) in a “batched” fashion, so that they occur back to back, preserving as much uninterrupted time as possible on each employee’s individual calendar.
The New Yorker - Cal Newport, “Can Remote Work Be Fixed?”
(T)ry Clockwise, a Google Calendar extension that optimizes your calendar to help you find uninterrupted, focused work time—not meeting time.
The Wall Street Journal - Joanna Stern, “Living the Coronavirus Work-From-Home Life? Here Are All the Tech Tips You Need”
Forbes - H.V. MacArthur, “Effective Time Management While Working Remotely During The COVID-19 Pandemic”
TechCrunch - Lucas Matney - “Accel & Greylock-backed Clockwise launches an AI assistant for Google Calendar”
Product Hunt, Product of the Year 2019 runner-up
Ryan Hoover - “Announcing the 2019 Golden Kitty Award Winners”
What drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at email@example.com.