Who we are
Clockwise is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus. As the world's first company powering time, Clockwise creates, detects, protects and negotiates Focus Time to help individuals and teams anywhere in the world be more productive at work.
We’re looking for our first dedicated HR Generalist to help lay the foundation for People Operations at Clockwise. This is an opportunity to shape our People Ops practices from the ground up, and have a significant impact on our culture and employee experience.
Clockwise is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We're proud to have raised $31M from Accel, Greylock Partners and Bain Capital. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
What you'll do
- Be the face of employee experience at Clockwise managing all questions, requests, and proposals that come from employees regarding their employment
- Assist in managing all People Programs for Clockwise (onboarding, offboarding, employee engagement, performance management) with the ability to improve existing programs and create new ones
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure that Clockwise is compliant with local and state employment laws
- Support Clockwise employees and managers as we transition to being both an in-office and fully remote team
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining initiatives that help our team practice “remote first” principles to support everyone’s way of working
- Plan offsites and company cultural moments that connect Clockwise employees and reinforce our company values
- At least 3+ years in a client-facing People Operations role
- High-level understanding of core domain HR functions (benefits, compensation, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations)
- Experience managing ongoing people processes or programs with a high-level of conscientiousness and attention to detail
- Capable of managing multiple projects and processes, in addition to ad hoc employee questions and issues as they arise, at a fast pace and with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, influencing and writing skills with the ability to engage and support others in a reliable and consistent way that fosters trust
- Possessing impeccable judgement with the ability to handle sensitive information/employee data with discretion
- Passionate about creating a stellar work environment and building teams where everyone has the opportunity to be successful
- Self-directed and able to problem solve autonomously whilst leveraging the judgement to know when to loop in others for help
- Ability to operate with empathy, and diffuse/de-escalate challenging situations
Clockwise is currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
Clockwise is accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
The Clockwise HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness stipend
- Virtual happy hours & events
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
In the Press
What drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.